Long Beach Comic Expo Releases Full List of Special Guests
This weekend, the 7th annual Long Beach Comic Expo will host more than 120 guests and 80 panels and will take over two exhibit halls of the Long Beach Convention Center. An exciting weekend full of exceptional guests, exhibitors, and engaging panels will be taking place Saturday 20 February from 10am – 7pm and Sunday 21 February from 10am – 5PM at the Long Beach Convention Center.
Long Beach Comic Expo recognizes the following special guests for their unparalleled excellence in the realm of both comic books and animation. As comic book culture remains at the core of Long Beach Comic Expo, the following special guests will be appearing at this year’s show:
Fabian Nicieza, co-creator of Marvel’s DEADPOOL, which premiered in theaters on February 12, 2016;
Chris Claremont, writer of THE UNCANNY X-MEN, of the most beloved and influential comics series in the history of the medium;
Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner, bestselling co-writers of DC entertainment’s HARLEY QUINN and co-creators of SUPER ZERO from Aftershock Comics;
Rachel and Terry Dodson, comic book artists on STAR WARS: PRINCESS LEIA, TEEN TITANS, and HARLEY QUINN;
Jae Lee, Eisner award-winning artist of Marvel’s INHUMANS, FANTASTIC FOUR; 1234, and DC’s BEFORE WATCHMEN, BATMAN/SUPERMAN
Greg Weisman, acclaimed animation writer and producer of STAR WARS: REBELS; YOUNG JUSTICE, and more. Author of the fan favorite RAIN OF GHOSTS YA novels;
Click here for a complete list of guests.
As in past years, attendees will be treated to a wide array of programming. Highlights include:
* The return of Space Expo, featuring two days of workshops and panels presented by the Columbia Memorial Space Center.
* Publisher panels featuring writers and artists from DC, Marvel, Dark Horse, and Image.
* #MakeComics workshops where aspiring writers and artists and fans can learn the entire process of making comics from comic book greats all weekend long. Topics include How to Build a Portfolio, Breaking Into Comics, Writing and Marketing.
* The second annual Dwayne McDuffie Award for Diversity event with renowned reporter (THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) and acclaimed comic book writer (GENIUS) Marc Bernardin who will be the event’s keynote speaker.
* Amazing animation panels: DISNEY AFTERNOON, GARGOYLES,- and YOUNG JUSTICE, featuring major voice actors.
* GeekFest Film Fest films at Long Beach Comic Expo, the only Los Angeles area venue to host the full slate of programming for the world’s 1st traveling film fest of “geek” films.
* Kids programming including How To Draw Comics for Kids.
* A Saturday night Cosplay Contest and Cosplay panels.
Long Beach Comic Expo has two additional discounts to offer attendees this year. Attendees who present their badge at the popular Aquarium of the Pacific will gain admission to the aquarium for only $9.00, discounted from the normal rate of $29.95! This discount is good, both the weekend of the show, as well as the following weekend. LYFT will be the official car service of this year’s show, offering discounted rides to attendees. Details can be found on site at the show.