One Year of Matters of Interest!
Yesterday marked the first anniversary of this blog, with my having started it a year ago! Of course, the launch of Matters of Interest came on the heels of my six-month project of having written elsewhere, before I decided to create content here.
I have enjoyed it and look forward to continuing to do so. One thing that has been great in this website’s first year has been receiving press passes to cover a handful of events in Southern California: last fall’s Long Beach Comic Con and Stan Lee’s Comikaze, as well as this spring’s US Coffee Championships, Los Angeles Travel & Adventure Show, and World Tea Expo. These events have been educational, especially the tea and coffee events!
I hope to continue generating content on a daily basis, Monday-Friday, with certain occasions to take breaks. I am also open to allowing other writers, photographers, etc. to take part in this project 🙂
- Two Young Modern Orthodox PhDs Take Senior Positions with National Jewish Organizations
- “Location” Replaces “GPS” in Android KitKat: Annoyingly, Not One, but TWO Consent Screens!
- Android Finally Gives an Option to Get Rid of the Pesky Second Location Consent Screen
- One of Israel’s Most Active Homebrewers, Levi Fried of Righteous Brew
- “The New F-Word” Panel at Comikaze Features Discussion on Feminism
- New Online Jewish Educational Website in the Works
- New Center for Halakhic Studies to Open Under the Direction of Rabbi Ysoscher Katz
- Panel Discussion at Comikaze on Taking Pictures of Cosplayers
- “Firefly: The Game” Blue Sun Expansion
- Talmudic Expert Takes to Facebook to Share Broader Communal and Religious Ideas
It must be pointed out that the first two are way more trafficked than any of the others, with the following two also being on a level unto themselves. Apparently, the two Android location posts get a lot of traffic due to Google searches, while the other two (#1 & #4) have gotten a lot of traffic due to Facebook shares and their personal nature. Amongst the latter six, two of them are about Rabbi Ysoscher Katz, about whom people are apparently curious, and two of the others concern my coverage of panels at Stan Lee’s Comikaze.
I’m looking forward to the next year of Matters of Interest!